Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 51; Tuesday, August 13- Trenton!

Ajax - Trenton, ON = 135kms
Bike Team = Zack's Angels + Carla + Jessica

Woke up at 6:30 and took our time getting ready. We had tail winds all morning so we were able to cruise so fast! At km 20 we stopped at Joan, Alice, and the Baker's church and were treated to a candy buffet, freezies and Timbits!

 
 
At noon we reached Hope CRC for lunch and more treats. As we were eating inside the church, it started raining - so we were able to avoid it perfectly. There were just some light showers after that.
 
Next church was mine! Fellowship CRC in Brighton - I led my bike team into the parking lot and we had a nice warm welcome, olliebollen, ice cream and fruit! I was so proud of my church family's hospitality!
We reached our final destination, Trenton Christian School, around 3:20. My sister Jenna drove us (Zack's Angels) to my house and we quickly changed into our bathing suits. We met Dad in Rossmore and he took us all boating! We made the mistake of wearing shorts and tank tops and were freezing out on the bay of Quinte, but still had a blast. The wind was super strong so we had crazy waves and were splashed by water continuously. We decided to be hard-core and jump into the water for a swim - turned out the water temperature was warmer then the air temp.
 
 
 
 
On the car ride back to Carrying Place, Matt read us excerpts from the book 50 Shades of Grey - we were dying of laughter. Back at the house we did laundry and showered. Mom made us penne, salad, and bread for supper. We drove back to TCS to pick up some final things. They still had dessert set out so we helped ourselves. Went to Wal Mart- I bought hair dye because my hair has been bleached badly with all the direct sunlight this summer!  
 
We watched "The Other Guys" and had a blast, it felt like we finally weren't on a bike tour and were just friends hanging out in a basement. I dyed my hair, and Laura used the leftover dye for her hair. We also put some on Zack's moustache - it started burning his face so he took it off right away.
 
So many people said to me, "You must be looking forward to sleeping in your own bed tonight", but I haven't had my own bed in this house for so long. The bedrooms have turned into guest rooms. I slept in Jenna's bed tonight.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment