Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 48; Saturday, August 10 - Redeemer!

Breslau, ON - Ancaster, ON = 70kms
Bike Team = Zack' Angels + Corey (Matt's little bro)

Woke up at 6:15am- my tent was so wet from the morning dew. Karyn has a friend that lives in Breslau so he offered to take us out for breakfast. He told us that the restaurant was called Oscar's and it was 2kms down the road from the school we were staying at. Never give cyclists an approximate distance, because we only go by exact measurements haha. After biking 2kms down the road, we didn't see any restaurant called Oscars and we started to panic thinking we had passed it. We continued biking, and Karyn called her friend to see if we were lost. He told us maybe it was more like 6kms. We kept biking and found it.

We enjoyed a huge and hearty breakfast, then continued on our way to Hamilton. Matt was excited to be back in his familiar territory since he lived in Hamilton for 4 years. He took us to a pizza place he did deliveries for and the manager gave us all free pop. Then he then took us to Sherman falls in Hamilton.

Oh my goodness I never realized how many hills are in Hamilton - it was ridiculous. Even though it was a short riding day, it took us longer because we were biking up so many steep hills. We finally made it to camp by 1:30. This weekend we're staying at Redeemer and sleeping in dorms!! Each dorm holds 8 people; Laura, Karyn and I lucked out and got assigned to the same dorm. We all showered and settled in. I finally finished watching the Bachelorette Season Finale with Laura. Gavin Ewing came by to cheer me and Kaitlyn on- that was super nice!

 
Supper was at 5:00 and served by Meadowlands CRC. They had bbq hamburgers, salads, corn on the cob, and special mocha cakes from a local Dutch bakery.
 
Karyn had a friend, Kat, come to visit from New York to hang out with us. After dinner I went back to my dorm to nap, but Elaina (5 year old niece) ended up phoning me and I talked to her for a while. She's getting really frustrated that I keep biking every day- she told me to come to Edmonton to take a rest at her house.
 
At 8:00pm we decided to hit up the downtown of Hamilton. Miranda Devries (high school friend) sent me a facebook message to say she's living in Hamilton and would love to meet up! All together Zack, Laura, Kat, Karyn, Matt and his girlfriend Hilary, me, a new cyclist named Jessica all went to Augusta Street - to the Ship for drinks and Miranda met us there. I asked for the best deal they had, which was Amsterdam Ale pitcher for $13.50 and split it with Jessica. Then had a cider. Afterwards we walked over to the Winking Judge. We walked over to a pizza place at midnight then took a cab back to Redeeemer. What an awesome Saturday!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment