Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 33; Friday, July 26

Chariton, Iowa to Pella, Iowa = 80kms
Bike Team = Zack's Angels minus Matt

Woke up extra early today at 5:45. Had everything packed up and ready to go so we could eat and leave before 7 as Laura had big plans tonight. Matt wasn't ready by 7 so we left without him. At mile 36 we stopped at a church for pie. We also made it to the halfway point for the tour!!

 
 
 
Pulled into camp early - at 11:30. Today we're staying at Central College! Laura and I are sharing a dorm room. I quickly showered and left with Matt the truck driver, Laura and Zack to Iowa City for a road trip!! Laura needed to go there for a drug test for her new job. We also had to mark the route for tomorrow since that will be our destination. Laura had asked Zack and I to come along so she could buy furniture off Craig's list and needed help carrying it.
 
The drive ended up taking 3 hours long since we had to stop every 10 minutes so Laura could spray paint the road with signs.
 
 
 
Laura ended up missing an appointment she had made with an apartment she wanted to view. She was also late for her drug test. While she was taking it truck driver Matt, Zack, and I just walked around Walgreens. We didn't end up having time to look at furniture, and there was no way we would make it back to Pella on time for dinner at 6:00. We had to eat out- at a place Laura chose, called "Culvurs". This place is known for their "buttered hamburger buns" and "frozen custard". It sucked eating fast food and paying for it, oh well.
 
Made it back to Pella by 7:15. The celebration service had just started. I chose not to attend because there were other things I wanted to do- like walk around downtown Pella. Julia came with me, and I got a Big Train Chai tea.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Did laundry since we finally have free facilities. I wrote in my blog and facebooked. Finally finished laundry by 10:30 then bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment